COVID-19 Update - Scotland
To protect the safety and wellbeing of the bereaved, our teams and funeral director colleagues, we are closely monitoring government guidelines in Scotland.
We are pleased to confirm that on Monday 9th August 2021 the legal requirement for physical distancing restrictions have been removed and our chapel has now returned to its full seating capacity.
The following restrictions still remain in place:
- The legal requirement for physical distancing restrictions will be removed. However, it is advised to keep a safe distance from other households.
- The limits on gatherings will also be removed. This means there will be no maximum cap on the number of attendees at funeral services, outside speakers are now permitted.
- Face coverings must still be worn in all the same indoor settings as is the case now, unless exempt.
We are continuing to maintain many of the good practices established throughout the pandemic as follows:
- Masks continue to be a legal requirement indoors.
- We continue to offer hand sanitiser in and around our buildings.
- We continue to ensure that where possible we have doors and windows open as much as we can to allow for good airflow throughout our buildings.
- We continue to offer the use of the Test & Protect posters to enable all visitors to ‘check-in’ at our premises, however, this is not a legal requirement.
- Singing is once again allowed in our chapels (masks must be worn).
- We continue to encourage as many mourners as possible to attend remotely by using our webcasting facilities.
- We are able to offer the witness charging of coffins as normal.
- We now allow for curtains to remain open and for mourners to walk up to the coffin to touch/place flowers.
- We will not return hymn books to our chapels until a later date.
- We remain happy for donations and collections to be carried out by the Funeral Directors using their own donation boxes or encourage families to make use of online charitable giving sites.
- We ensure that regular cleaning is undertaken in between services to multi-touch points (e.g. doorhandles, lectern & catafalque).
- We carry out a deep clean of the chapel at the end of every working day, so that it is ready for the following day.