Customer Service Specialist
Distinct Cremations full time office-based role in Cannock, Staffordshire
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum
Monday – Friday + 1 Saturday every 3 weeks (Day off during week when working Saturday). Shift hours are 7.45am - 4.15pm and 9.30am - 6pm weekdays (rotating). 7.45am – 4.15pm on a Saturday. Hours per week
Have you always wanted to use your Customer Service skills in a role where what you do can truly make a difference every day?
Would you enjoy working as a part of a close-knit team with a sense of camaraderie not found in a generic job?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Due to continued growth, we have a vacancy for a Customer Service Specialist to join our friendly team based at our Distinct Cremations Head Office in Cannock, Staffordshire.
Like many of our employees, you might not have considered this industry before, however with industry training provided and on-going career development, you will find it one of the most varied and rewarding opportunities you could ever imagine.
Providing a professional, quality service to customers. Handling sensitive calls with exceptional care, confidently promoting products, solving problems and increasing customer satisfaction which in turn will lead to an increase in sales.
The calls you will receive are called “at need” and “pre-need”. The “pre-need” calls could involve someone calling us after seeing our TV advert and they want to request a brochure, or perhaps they want to talk through the service we provide before they take out one of our direct cremation plans. You will use your brilliant people skills and empathy to provide peace of mind and help find the right solution for every customer. Our customers value the personal touch and consistency we provide as you will look after these relationships and manage a portfolio of enquiries, calling people to see if they have questions and to talking through everything until they have found a suitable solution.
“At need” calls involve taking calls where a loved one has passed and talking to family members who will value your empathy and guidance to help them through what happens next. Your calls aren’t timed and the service we provide is about making sure the individual is given the time, care, and attention they need during an incredibly difficult time. You will work with this family throughout the process from start to finish to give them complete reassurance.
Full responsibilities include:
- Be an integral part of the customer service team, where the values of respect and care, excellence as standard, creating value for customers, keeping it simple and giving the customer freedom of choice are firmly embedded in every day behaviors and actions.
- Maintain a positive, sensitive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers.
- Follow all policies and procedures in line with training and work as part of the team to achieve the centre SLA’s.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries through various channels (phone, email, live chat, instant message, etc) and deliver customer satisfaction.
- Handle paper and electronic based customer queries, administration and new business applications as required and inline with SLA’s
- Support customers and clients across both our cremation and funeral plan product and service lines.
- Acknowledge and resolve customer complaints.
- Develop a deep knowledge of our products and service offering.
- Maintain accurate customer records within our systems including updates on all interactions, comments and complaints and all transactions.
- Process orders for products and services accurately and promptly.
- Share learnings and feedback with the team to promote a continuous learning environment.
- Openly and positively engage in development, coaching and feedback sessions.
- Ensure compliance with all standards set regarding customer data.
- Provide a first class service experience to generate positive customer reviews.
- Previous experience in a Customer Service / Sales / Telesales / Call centre /Contact Centre / Funeral Arranger role.
- Happy to speak to people on the telephone in a call centre setting. This includes incoming calls as well as making outbound calls to customers.
- You will need to pass a DBS (criminal record) check to be considered for this role.
- Happy to work flexibly, 1 Saturday in 3 and bank holidays as we operate 365 days of the year
- Good IT skills & attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Familiar with compliance regarding storage and use of customer data including credit card information (e.g. GDPR, PCI compliance) – Training provided
- Ability to be resilient, professional, and empathetic.
About Distinct Cremations and Westerleigh Group
Distinct Cremations is proud to be an FCA accredited, specialist provider of direct cremation services and we are part of the Westerleigh Group. We offer direct cremation services for people wishing to choose a simple, affordable, fuss-free funeral. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional, high-quality care and excellent service to all our customers.
Westerleigh Group has been building and managing Crematoria for 30 years and care for 60,000 cremations and burials every year. We are the largest independent operator of crematoria in the UK, employing more than 400 empathetic and dedicated individuals and we are growing.
We play an active part in the local communities that we serve and in 2022 our sites raised over £400,000 to support local charitable causes and projects.
What We Offer
If you would like to join the Distinct Cremations team, you can be sure of a warm welcome, ongoing training and development and a sense of pride by truly make a difference every day to the families that we serve.
In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for the following benefits:
- Full Training
- Life Assurance
- Ongoing learning & development
- Pension scheme
- Access to a wide range of retail discounts and wellbeing support
- Life Assurance
- Headspace: Mindfulness App
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Free Cremation: Immediate family
- Bereavement Leave
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Snack boxes / fruit boxes on site
- Employee Assistance / Occupational health support Program
- Recognition scheme: Above & Beyond vouchers
- Free Flu jab
- Free parking
What next? Start a career with significance by applying today.
We reserve the right to close the application window sooner if a significant number of applications are received.
If you’re not contacted, please assume you have been unsuccessful. Unfortunately, feedback is not always possible due to the volume of applications we receive.
Please visit www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Westerleigh-Group/jobs to submit your CV.