Test Valley Crematorium
Part Time - 25 Hours per week
Who are we?
Our vision is to provide exceptional care in a beautiful setting, so that families and friends are able to remember, mourn and celebrate the lives of their loved ones in a way that is uniquely personal to them.
We work together as one team, to deliver the highest possible standards of care whilst always putting the safety of our employees and customers first. This enables us to be the leading developer and operator of crematoria and cemeteries in the UK, caring for over 40,000 funerals each year.
Our proven expertise and years of experience have established our strong reputation in this highly specialised field.
We are looking for a hands on, highly motivated Crematorium Assistant capable of delivering outstanding customer service to join our dedicated team at Test Valley Crematorium.
Your role will be client facing, supporting the Funeral Directors and officiants at the start of the service. You will be supervising and attending funeral services, checking prior to each service that the chapel is ready for the entrance of the funeral and ensuring that all relevant arrangements are met satisfactorily.
As such, we are seeking a highly flexible, driven individual who has excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest level of care to the bereaved.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to work within a crematorium environment, carrying out chapel duties.
- The ability to communicate effectively and emotionally engage with people at all levels and across a variety of mediums
- A caring and empathetic nature to deal with the bereaved at their most vulnerable.
- The ability to work at other locations and work flexibly to meet the needs of the business.
- The use of a car for work purposes, for which they would be reimbursed for mileage.
- An inquisitive nature to bring families together and understand their needs
- A commitment to ensuring the highest standards through attention to detail
- GCSE’s or equivalent in English and Maths.
- A basic level of IT literacy.
- An ability to work effectively within a team to achieve the highest standards of care.
- A desire to learn and develop.
Hours: Part time – 25 hours per week (Monday to Friday 12:00 – 17:00)
Please visit www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Westerleigh-Group/jobs to submit your CV.