Grounds Maintenance Operative
West Suffolk Crematorium (Bury St Edmunds)
Full time - 40 Hours per week
Who are we?
Westerleigh Group is the leading developer and operator of crematoria and cemeteries in the UK caring for over 40,000 funerals a year and we have a unique and interesting opportunity at one of our facilities.
We have proven expertise and have established a reputation for creating beautifully landscaped, high quality and peaceful facilities with service to the bereaved at their heart.
Working together as one team, we deliver the highest possible standards of care whilst always putting the safety of our employees and customers first. Our proven expertise and years of experience have established our strong reputation in this highly specialised field.
We are looking for a hands on, highly motivated Grounds Maintenance Operative capable of delivering outstanding standards to join our dedicated team at West Suffolk Crematorium in Bury St Edmunds.
This is a varied role and will involve many aspects of grounds maintenance, lawn care, maintaining shrubbery, clearing of leaves, seasonal planting, maintaining the memorial gardens and general site maintenance.
As such we are seeking a highly flexible, well-motivated self-starter who possesses excellent horticultural skills and a commitment to providing the highest level of service to the bereaved.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A caring and sympathetic nature to deal with the bereaved at a sensitive time.
- Experience of operating machinery and gardening and holds relevant certificates and licences.
- A flexible approach to team working hours.
- A good standard of education including a sound knowledge of Mathematics and English.
- A flexible and approachable attitude to the needs of the public.
- An ability to work within a team to ensure that high standards of care are achieved.
- A desire to learn and develop.
If this sounds like you or you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.
Please visit www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Westerleigh-Group/jobs to submit your CV.