Gardener (Part Time)
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000
20 Hours per week
Part Time Gardener
20 hours per week during week days (some weekend working)
£20,000 – £24,000 pro rata + Site performance bonus up to 5% + Benefits
Have you always wanted to use your experience as a Gardener / Groundsperson in a role where you can truly make a difference every day?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We have a vacancy for a Gardener to join our friendly team based at our beautiful Wollensbrook Crematorium.
We are the largest independent operator of crematoria in the UK, employing more than 400 empathetic and dedicated individuals and we are growing.
Working at our crematorium grounds requires a level of care and respect not found in a generic job. We provide families with a sense of comfort that their loved ones are taken care of and a beautiful setting in which they have time to reflect.
As part of our busy site team, you will work closely with the Site Manager / Grounds Team Leader on the plan for the gardens at this site. You will also be able to use your creativity to shape this plan.
You will be responsible for all grounds maintenance activity including:
· Seasonal gardening and grounds maintenance including lawn cutting, strimming, leaf clearance, hedge cutting, litter picking, watering, weeding, pruning and planting schemes
· Assisting with interments / preparation of burial plots if required
· General upkeep of our grounds
· Undertake daily machinery checks and record operator hours
· Emptying of grounds bins and accumulated waste
· Clearing of all debris around the buildings and car-parks
· Health and Safety compliance
There is the opportunity for personal development and training on areas that you need to be upskilled in or have an interest in.
This role requires flexibility and pulling together as one team to support each other and provide the exceptional care and service that we are known for.
Wherever the day takes you, your attention to detail will make sure we get it right – which is so important to what we do.
· Previous experience in a role as a Gardener, Groundsperson, Grounds Maintenance, horticulture.
· We are looking for someone who is a real team player with the desire to make a difference every day.
· Organised with excellent attention to detail.
· You will need to hold a full driving licence to be able to operate some of the machinery we use (e.g. ride on mower)
Westerleigh Group has been building and managing Crematoria for 30 years and care for 50,000 cremations and burials every year. Our first site opened in 1992 in a village called Westerleigh, near to Bristol and we have grown significantly since then. We currently have 37 sites across England, Wales and Scotland with plans to continue growing responsibly.
We have established a reputation for creating beautifully landscaped, high quality and peaceful facilities where families can remember and celebrate the life of their loved ones. Our core objective is to deliver the highest possible standards of care in a way that is uniquely personal.
We play an active part in the local communities that we serve and in 2021 our sites have raised over £400,000 to support local charitable causes and projects.
What We Offer
If you would like to join the Westerleigh family, you can be sure of a warm welcome, ongoing training and development and a sense of pride by truly make a difference every day to the families that we serve.
The values we live by are Safety First, Exceptional Care, Uniquely Personal and One Team.
In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for the following benefits:
· Site performance bonus up to 5%
· Overtime pay
· 22 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
· Accredited training
· Pension scheme
· Employee Assistance Program
· Headspace: Mindfulness App
· Free Cremation: Immediate family / close friends
· Bereavement Leave
· Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
· Occupational Health support
· Recognition scheme: Above & Beyond vouchers
· Free Flu jab
· Smart uniform provided
· Fruit baskets on site
· Free parking
Start a rewarding career with us by applying today.
Please visit www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Westerleigh-Group/jobs to submit your CV.