Part time Crematorium Assistant (Stirling, Scotland)
Stirlingshire Crematorium (Stirling, Scotland)
Salary: £20,001 pro rata + Site performance bonus up to 5% + Benefits
Monday – Friday. 20 Hours per week
Part time Crematorium Assistant
Monday – Friday. 20 hours per week.
£20,001 pro rata + Site performance bonus up to 5% + Benefits
Stirlingshire Crematorium (Stirling, Scotland)
Have you always wanted to use your transferable skills in a role where what you do can truly make a difference every day?
Would you enjoy working as a part of a close-knit team with a sense of camaraderie not found in a generic job?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We have a vacancy for a Part Time Crematorium Assistant to join our friendly team based at our beautiful Stirlingshire Crematorium (Stirling, Scotland).
Our core office hours are 8.30am – 5pm and the 20 hours will be worked within these hours.
We are the largest independent operator of crematoria in the UK, employing more than 400 empathetic and dedicated individuals and we are growing.
Like many of our employees, you might not have considered this line of work before, however with industry training provided and on-going career development, you will find it one of the most varied and rewarding opportunities you could ever imagine.
As part of our busy team, you will ensure that families are given the best experience possible.
No 2 days will be the same as each family and service are uniquely personal. You will be involved in a variety of tasks each day including:
- Chapel – Preparation of the chapel hall before each service and welcoming the families and Funeral Directors attending and directing them to their seats. You will need to ensure the correct music / visual tributes are played, orders of service are in place, cleaning in between to be covid secure and offering support / directions around site as required.
- Cremation – You will be fully trained and work towards an accredited FBCA qualification under supervision and guidance from experienced colleagues. You will be involved in the end to end cremation process and ashes management. You will need to be able bodied as there will be manual handling involved in this process. PPE will be provided for your safety. Some of our sites also have burial grounds so you could also be involved in these services if applicable.
- Administration – Answering the telephone with great customer service skills, using Epitaph / Word / Excel, helping families with queries / collection of ashes / planning a service to showing a family around the grounds to view memorial options.
- Grounds – Some basic gardening / weeding and pruning.
- Ad hoc work – for example a Christmas service or making sure the site is tidy and presentable.
This role requires flexibility and pulling together as one team to support each other and provide the exceptional care and service that we are known for.
Wherever the day takes you, your attention to detail will make sure we get it right – which is so important to what we do.
You’re the type of person who will turn their hand to anything and loves to learn new things. Someone flexible, who likes to take the initiative. You might not know everything there is to know about how a funeral service runs – but fast-forward a bit and you’ll be a model of best practice in both
- We are looking for someone who is a real team player with natural compassion and the desire to make a difference every day.
- Organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable communicator able to speak to people in a caring and understanding manner.
- Basic level of IT skills and comfortable with Word / Excel and emails.
Westerleigh Group has been building and managing Crematoria for 30 years and care for 50,000 cremations and burials every year. Our first site opened in 1992 in a village called Westerleigh, near to Bristol and we have grown significantly since then. We currently have 37 sites across England, Wales and Scotland with plans to continue growing responsibly.
We have established a reputation for creating beautifully landscaped, high quality and peaceful facilities where families can remember and celebrate the life of their loved ones. Our core objective is to deliver the highest possible standards of care in a way that is uniquely personal.
We play an active part in the local communities that we serve and in 2021 our sites have raised over £400,000 to support local charitable causes and projects.
In 2021 Distinct Cremations was formed as part of the Westerleigh Group and caters for the direct cremation market.
What We Offer
If you would like to join the Westerleigh family, you can be sure of a warm welcome, ongoing training and development and a sense of pride by truly make a difference every day to the families that we serve. No two days are the same and many of our Managers have progressed upwards within the business.
The values we live by are Safety First, Exceptional Care, Uniquely Personal and One Team.
In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for the following benefits:
- Site performance bonus up to 5%
- Overtime pay
- 22 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
- Accredited training
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace: Mindfulness App
- Free Cremation: Immediate family / close friends
- Bereavement Leave
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Occupational Health support
- Recognition scheme: Above & Beyond vouchers
- Free Flu jab
- Smart uniform provided
- Fruit baskets on site
- Free parking
Start a rewarding career with us by applying today.
We reserve the right to close the application window sooner if a significant number of applications are received.
Please visit www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Westerleigh-Group/jobs to submit your CV.