40 Hours per week
Who are we?
Westerleigh Group is the leading developer and operator of crematoria and cemeteries in the UK caring for over 40,000 funerals a year and we have a unique and interesting opportunity at one of our facilities.
We have proven expertise and have established a reputation for creating beautifully landscaped, high quality and peaceful facilities with service to the bereaved at their heart.
Our core objective is to deliver the highest possible standards of care. Westerleigh Group truly appreciates the social, environmental and financial benefits of providing professionally managed facilities in this highly specialist field.
We are looking for a hands on, highly motivated Crematorium Assistant capable of delivering outstanding customer service to join our dedicated team.
This is a varied role and will involve many aspects of site operations; including the operation of the cremators, liaising with Funeral Directors and members of the clergy, maintaining the memorial gardens and overseeing services in the chapel. As such we are seeking a highly flexible, well-motivated self-starter who possesses excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest level of service to the bereaved.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A caring and sympathetic nature to deal with the bereaved at a sensitive time.
- Experience of operating machinery and gardening.
- A flexible approach to team working hours.
- A good standard of education including a sound knowledge of Mathematics and English.
- A flexible and approachable attitude to the needs of the public.
- An ability to work within a team to ensure that high standards of care are achieved.
- A desire to learn and develop.
- Experience in Sales
Please bear in mind that our closing dates are used as a guide for when the application window is expected to close. We reserve the right to close the application window sooner than the date displayed if we can. We therefore recommend that you get your application in straight away and don’t miss the opportunity to join us.
Job Type: Full-time
Please visit www.indeed.co.uk to submit your CV.