West Suffolk Crematorium - Bury St Edmunds
40 Hours per week
Position: Crematorium Assistant
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week)
Who are we?
At Westerleigh Group, our vision is to provide exceptional care in a beautiful setting, so that families and friends are able to remember, mourn and celebrate the lives of their loved ones in a way that is uniquely personal.
We are the leading developer and operator of crematoria and cemeteries in the UK, caring for over 40,000 funerals each year.
Working together as one team, we deliver the highest possible standards of care whilst always putting the safety of our employees and customers first. Our proven expertise and years of experience have established our strong reputation in this highly specialized field.
We are looking for a hands on, highly motivated Crematorium Assistant capable of delivering outstanding customer service to join our dedicated team at West Suffolk Crematorium.
This is a varied role and will involve many aspects of site operations; including office administration, the operation of the cremators, liaising with Funeral Directors and members of the clergy, maintaining the memorial gardens and overseeing services in the chapel. As such, we are seeking a highly flexible, well-motivated self-starter who has excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest level of service to the bereaved.
The ideal candidate will have:
· A caring and sympathetic nature to deal with the bereaved at a sensitive time.
· Experience of operating machinery and gardening.
· A flexible approach to team working hours.
· A good standard of education including a sound knowledge of Mathematics, English and IT.
· A flexible and approachable attitude to the needs of the public.
· An ability to work within a team to ensure that high standards of care are achieved.
· A desire to learn and develop.
Please attach a covering letter to your application explaining why you wish to work in the bereavement sector and how this role relates to your previous experience. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please visit www.indeed.co.uk to submit your CV.